Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Crisis in Representation

So you take all these pictures, but then you don't know what to do with all of them. People like to see the results of your intrusion in their privacy, but how to give back to the community? For all ye obsessive documentors, digital toy fanatics and I-only-take-pictures-at-parties photographers, here's a site to leave your graphic imprint for the bigger I-House community to enjoy.
If however, the recipient resident is not content with the digital representation, she shall not be disenfranchised and, according to the highest standards of postmodernism, this site will be a shining example of interactivity and we shall all be co-authors in the negotiation of our identities and the production of meaning (had enough of contemporary anthropological mumbojumbo? I'll swith to normal language then): any comments may be posted (through the procedure outlined in the pamphlet), giving context ('you have to understand...'), providing defence ('it's not what it looks like...'), or just poking fun at our funny faces - all within in the limits of good international sister- and brotherhood, of course.

I'll kick off.

Have fun with it


Marten

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home